Friday, July 22, 2005

Driving 101

22nd July 2005. The day I watched a 15 minute video which cost me over a thousand bucks and endless hours of wait and worry. Or alternatively, you could also call it the day I finally got my driving license after 2 previous failed attempts. WoohoO!!!

Okay. Now the exhilaration's over, the fact still remains that while I do have a license, I have no car. So yeah. Who cares if I have a license right? But hey, I'm glad it's all over. No more money down the drain. Now I can go diving more!

But I must say. Driving tests are more a matter of luck rather than skill. And of how much the tester likes you. Which, seeing as most, if not all, testers are male, females ultimately perform better during tests. I could've easily failed today. But the tester was in a good mood (or maybe he hadn't met his quota yet). So he let me pass. To which I'm ultimately grateful of course.

I can't begin to explain how long I sat there stunned, after he handed me the slip of paper with the tick next to the pass checkbox. Firstly, I couldn't believe my ears. Secondly, I was dead afraid he was going to change his mind. So, with my carefully contained excitement, I made my way to watch my coveted 15-min-video-which-cost-over-a-thousand-dollars (most of which I didn't hear, being in a daze and all) and quietly made my way to pay for and obtain my driving receipt (like a license, except that it works in the interim before they send the actual license to you), after which, the truth of what happened dawned upon me, and things started seeming a lot brighter. (Okay, so I was pretty much on cloud nine. You try failing two times and see how you feel when you finally pass)

But you know what? I think the photo I gave for my driving license is damn ugly.

wen was dreaming at 11:55 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment