Sunday, July 03, 2005

Law Camp 2005

Just finished a week long camp! Law Camp 2005, held at Temasek Hall at NUS, from 27th June to 1st July 2005. Haha, alright, that was quite a mouthful. Seriously, it was tiring. Not the camp, but the fact that the night before, I'd just returned from Tioman, so it was rather intensive. But hey, it was fun. Been a long time since I've done anything so crazy.

Alright, just a brief run through, otherwise this post'll go into the thousands. I was late. VERY. But it's not my fault. Nobody told me school had started, so the buses were all running late. Anyway, I got there eventually, registered, got my group (OG1) and my 'secret name' (which I'm not telling, hey, it's a secret!) but which I didn't know what it was for. (I'll enlighten later) Oh, and btw, I was in the same bus as one of my OG mates, so hey, I wasn't THAT late after all.

I'll skip through the first day, basic orientation stuff, cute games, funny forfeits, you get the general idea. Then we had Night Court after dinner, where we all had to wear something decent. So all the guys wore shirts and berms. Then came the clincher: we all had to tuck our shirts in! I bet we all looked freaking ridiculous. Night court was vaguely interesting, I say interesting only because it was beginning to annoy me before I realised it was a farce. A well planned out one, but still a joke nonetheless. Some legends were made that night, a few noteworthy jokes (ie Teck Wee's Yoda impersonation, and Kai's bailiff, plus the female 'fans') but the most lasting impression one would carry from that night would be good ol' Fabio. (I bet that'll stick throughout law school...) Anyway, it ended late, I went for supper (it was a freaking RJ gathering la) and chilled at Jared's room till late. (clocked 3 hrs of sleep, OG nowhere to be found...ok so I abandoned them. so sue me)

Day Two dawned bright and lovely, a perfect invitation for...what else, more orientation games with more forfeits! (By now, my OG, having lost countless games, were virtually immune to forfeiture) Spent the day doing orienteery stuff around City Hall. Night was shrouded in darkness (Literally. I was blindfolded) and we spent countless hours wandering around Law Fac getting tormented endlessly (ok, about 4 hours or so, most of it spent waiting, and it was just really bored girls doing really lame stuff to blindfolded guys who couldn't fight back) I won't go into details, but from what I heard, there was a group of Powerpuff Girls, some Teletubbies, and other assorted characters stumbling around the area that night. Suffice to say, we slept late, mainly cos I went to play cards after washing up. (4 hrs of sleep, I really love the single room they gave us!)

Water games was the highlight of Day Three, and my group spent most of it performing assorted forfeits. Enjoyable. Night time heralded the end of the camp (although Day Four existed, it was full of slacking and preparations for the Formal Dinner. More on that later!) and it ended spectacularly! (I say so only cos there was a huge water-bomb battle of epic proportions and everybody got drenched) There's nothing like a good dousing to get everyone's spirit up. (Especially when I got to hit Jared back with like 3 or 4 bombs...)

Of blindfolds and SPs: Yep, this warrants its very own section I suppose, cos I really can't think of anywhere else to slot this in (the story wouldn't be complete otherwise!!!). We got a 'secret name' on the first day, which finds its pair in a member of the opposite sex(think Prince Charming & Snow White, Superman and Lois, Winnie and his pot of honey...), and after a series of blindfolded meetings, it culminates in a dinner on the last night of Law Camp (Law really brought a whole new meaning to the term blind date). Needless to say, I was awfully sick of blindfolds by the time the camp neared its end. Haha alright, but I'm not one to complain. I got a pretty nice date who was interesting enough that we didn't lack for conversation during the entire evening. All in all, it was a rather fun evening. (especially when I know some of my friends were bored stiff)

Me with my cute SP Denise

Anyways, after the whole dinner thing (held at Seletar Country Club, which I neglected to mention earlier), my group went to DoubleO to chill. Which was when I learnt that the common myth of Law Fac being the Fac that has all those bashes and crazy clubbers to be...slightly less than true. Half my OG went only (don't ask me where the other half went). But we still managed to have some fun (alcohol does that to you sometimes). Saw a whole bunch of people there, like OGs 3, 4, 7, 8. Bits and pieces, rather, cos I'm pretty sure the other OGs were about the same as us (not everybody went). Oh! Bumped into Liangwei as well, but he was rather out of it. And who told me he was rather drunk then the next day. I forgot the list of drinks he downed, but suffice to say, he was stoned. Reached back woozy at about 5, and slept very little. Next day was checkout, so that's that. Time for the photos then!!! (I wish I had photos of people clubbing to show, but that's just mean. Absolutely funny and hilarious, but still mean. What happens in the club, stays within the club. *grin*)



The OG Guys

OG 1!!!


Jared, Liangwei and me!


Me with Melissa (one of my OG's councillors)

wen was dreaming at 8:53 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:34 AM Blogger jared said...

wah don't make it sound like you spent every night in my room leh. how gay.

-j

 

Post a Comment