Saturday, July 02, 2005

Tioman Dive Trip

Went to Tioman from 24-26th June. 'Twas a good trip, with lots of pple, none of whom I knew. Except for my diving instructor. And now, Mark, who's in NUS doing some really complicated course. Biomedical computing or something thereabouts. And I was the youngest there, which is a new experience, hahaha. The others were like pro divers and over 30. But that's the thing about diving I think, age doesn't matter, just the level of enthusiasm and love of the sport. I mean, diving by itself seems like some adult version of sticker book collection. (seriously. it's like they go down, and compare what fish they see down there. and some even take photos to convert to photostickers and paste into their dive log. which is pretty cool. I even saw a customized dive log like an organiser, with all the pages laminated. now that's dedication)

But divers are cool. No matter how young or inexperienced, they'll just welcome you. Friendly bunch, I tell you. Maybe it's cos the dive community's so small, that everyone knows every other person. (note when i say dive community, i mean the 'siao on' kind who go diving every month or more)

Alright. But honestly, this isn't the time to be musing on such stuff. So, diving rocks, I saw a dolphin, touched a turtle, saw a stonefish, and ate lots of ice cream on this trip! And now that I've got the underwater photos from my friend (I still don't own an underwater camera yet!!!), I'll just let the pictures do the talking.


Nemo's like how cute!!!

An innocuous looking fish

Oh look! It gets puffy.

Portrait of a porcupine fish

Flying turtle, how cooL!

Guess what this is?

Feeding the fishies

The things I didn't see part I(Blue-spotted stingray)

The things I didn't see part II(Moray Eel)

2 sea slugs that glow in the dark


Home sweet home (at least for 2 days)

And of course, how could we not have a coastal shot??

wen was dreaming at 6:30 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment