Thursday, July 28, 2005

Touched by a warm fuzzy...

I went for my Fairfield Primary 3G class gathering yesterday night at Breko's in Holland V.

Yeah, you heard right, Primary 3. Everyone's always so amazed and surprised whenever I tell them that yes, I still meet up every once in a while with my primary 3 classmates. (oh yeah. if you're actually wondering why i say primary 3 and not primary 6, then maybe you shouldn't be reading this blog)

Anyway, it was really great to see everyone again, even though it was 13 out of 40 people (hey, c'mon, it's been what, 12 years? people were bound to go MIA), and we'd already met up twice before this year (but different people came each time!). So yeah, it was great. Great to see how much everybody's changed and grown through the years, and how some things never really change at all. Or maybe, we're still the same people we were at primary 3, with just a few extra layers of hardened experience and jadedness, and for one night, we took it all off to be just the kids we were back then again, who made friendships so easily and innocently, just for the sole motive of having a playmate during breaktime and a person to laugh with. Whatever the case, it was refreshing. Especially when we started reminiscing about past primary school experiences, and then you see how people remember the same thing differently. (that and all the crazy things that happened to us back then)

It's really touching to see how, despite the years, despite how life has shaped us since we went our separate paths, we still have that common ground, a feeling of belonging that allows us to just be totally comfortable with each other. I can't describe it, and it's totally unique to this bunch of people, yet it seems all so perfectly natural. I think...it's because something very special happened to all of us back there in primary 3, that in some way shaped us into what we are today. Well, something, or someone rather. I think that if things hadn't happened the way they did back then, I probably wouldn't be where I am today. In fact...sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if I'd stayed my stubborn self and refused to leave. Maybe I'd have ended up in AC instead of RI. Or in poly instead of JC. Or maybe nothing would change. Sometimes...I wonder what leaving did for me. I mean, we travelled along different paths, and still ended up in the same place.

But then, don't they always say it's the journey that matters, and who you travel with, rather than the destination? I'm not sure where life and law school will take me in future. All I know is, this bunch of friends are uniquely special and I hope we'll always somehow manage to stay in touch.

Fairfield Primary 3G '93

wen was dreaming at 2:30 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 8:57 PM Blogger juanicths said...

aw..... that was a real nice post ^^ compared to mine and ting's that is... heehee

 

Post a Comment