Saturday, August 27, 2005

amanda ling is hot

Abandoned my futile attempts at staring at a laptop screen and trying to resolve my personal vendetta with Philip Ong, and instead, went to watch Electrico at the Esplanade. Their first 'paid concert'! And I must say, they're pretty good. Plus, it doesn't hurt that Amanda Ling is H-O-T. Although it really hurts that my camera's damaged and I didn't take any photos of her, even though she was less than 5 metres away.
Anyway, they started out with acoustic type songs, and eventually moved on to full electric (and that's when they started asking everyone to stand and go wild). I don't really know ALL the songs played, because there were a couple of songs that're gonna be in their new album (which apparently they haven't figured out the lyrics for yet), but there was Runaway, Good Time, I Want You, Much More Inside, Fabled Angst Machine....basically, most of their hits. And when they got bored, they played Oasis' Champagne Supernova (which I totally love!!!) But they were damn good!!! At least, they made me forget that I had work still waiting for me. For the first time this week. We should all watch Electrico. And support local bands.

By the way. Scott, Kuek and Jon Lau's band is playing at Insomnia @ CHIJMES on Thursday 1st Sept. I think. It's the finals of Battle of the Bands or something. So you should really go and watch. I think they're really good. (and should give me a free cd for shamelessly plugging them on my blog) Oh, and they also play regularly on Fridays at Harke's Cafe @ Prinsep Street from 9 to 11.

Right. Back to my exciting closed memorandum. And dear old Philip.

wen was dreaming at 4:52 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment