Thursday, October 06, 2005

some random amusements

i normally wouldn't post something so lame. but maybe the tedium of law school's getting to me. and i'm starting to find dumb things vaguely amusing. anything to get my mind off the books right?
every good story deserves a plot and a decent background, so here goes:

i was bumming in my fav spot (i.e. law lounge) late one night (ok it was only 8plus...) and enjoying the quiet solitude, when suddenly there was a mad hammering on the glass doors... ...we skip forward to the main story:

yoyo yang meimei and her dear friend tan kiat boon (names have been altered to protect the truly innocent, and no, neither was me even though my chinese surname is yang and there's a boon and a kiat in my name) invaded the lounge and hijacked my laptop. anyway, the bottom line:

yoyo was merrily impersonating me and msning the world at large. actually, so was kiatboon. in fact, they were taking turns. and a friend of mine, unsuspectingly, fell into their dire trap. he politely invited me to go swimming. and here's what they said (him and 'me'):

.
.
.
8:49:25 PM friend: booooooooonnn kiat
8:49:27 PM friend: tmr wanna swim anot
8:49:44 PM wenjie: want
8:49:46 PM wenjie: i swim wif yu
8:49:49 PM wenjie: yu swim wif me
8:49:50 PM friend: okay
8:49:52 PM wenjie: we swim swim
8:49:54 PM friend: daniel also siwmming
8:49:57 PM friend: happy like fish
8:49:58 PM wenjie: oh yay
8:50:09 PM wenjie: yar..happy like fishes in the swimming pool
8:50:10 PM wenjie: hee
8:50:37 PM friend: yahh
8:50:43 PM friend: then they will all get chlorinated and dieE
8:50:51 PM wenjie: yea
8:53:18 PM wenjie: yay...then we happy happy in the deep blue ocean under the swimming [pool
8:53:19 PM wenjie: lol
8:54:11 PM friend: under the schwimming pool got deep blue ocean ?
.
.
.
(thread was slightly altered to protect names
)


and so it went on, my poor deluded friend thinking it was me, and me not knowing about the swimming tmr. until now. and i still have no idea how or why that would ever sound like me. firstly, i don't say 'yu' and 'yur'. only ONE person in my experience does that consistently. and the only time i talk so crazy would be if i'm totally completely unequivocally dead drunk, or on an inexplicable high. which has probably happened before. but not on msn.

so. bottom line. if you ever have reason to suspect the person at the other end of the conversation isn't who it should be, DON'T TYPE ANYTHING INCRIMINATING!!! i mean, can you imagine flirting with some random girl and it turns out her brother's at the other end? or worse still, boyfriend. (all situations are purely hypothetical, of course)

or better yet, for security purposes, have a secret question/codephrase/petname/styleoftalking that will allow you to identify yourself.

wen was dreaming at 1:34 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment