Wednesday, September 26, 2007

i spent a day by the lake...

It's been a month since i arrived in Kingston, a month in Canada. Looking back, I seem to have done more in this past month than I usually do in a year back home. For instance, I've eaten more Subway than I can remember (the first 2 weeks when I was too lazy and still settling in), and it scares me that I can actually remember what the sub-of-the-day is everyday. Or how I've been to Montreal twice already, and will be leaving for my second Toronto trip tomorrow. And how I lost my wallet with all my cards and identification barely a week into arriving in Canada. But life goes on.

Started cooking properly in my house since last week, before that I was borrowing a friend's place because it made more sense to share on groceries (but then I got tired of going over every night, plus also abit paiseh). You've seen the pasta lineup, here's what I've whipped up so far this week.

pan-fried chicken, lettuce with mushrooms

minced beef, chicken & cabbage soup

spag with chicken, beef, bacon, sausage (yes i was bored and lazy)

asparagus and chicken

Also, my room's getting more settled in, although I'm still searching for a cupboard to put my stuff and as such I'm kinda still living out of my suitcase (more like using it as a huge drawer). I'd love to add in stuff like cushions and lamps and a small table, and I keep reminding myself I'm on a budget, but at least I'm feeling more comfortable in it (sometimes I feel like I'm slowly preparing it so I can hibernate properly come winter)

Weekdays are spent wandering the streets of Kingston, frequenting the cafes and bookstores (although there are a couple of eating places I have my eye on, just waiting for people to visit so I have an excuse to splurge), or of late, spent hiding under a rock in my room. Which I find myself starting to miss nowadays when I'm travelling, especially on the last day of my travels on my way home. When I start looking forward to a bath and lounging on my carpet and bed, that's where I think I've found a home away from home. That said, I still kinda miss my wallet. And the fact that strange people come up to talk to me when I walk around at night (which is why I stopped).

Still waiting to go sailing on the lake, picnicking by the lakeside (if I find friends) and visit the rest of Canada (when I manage to work out my budget and find travelling companions). For now, Kingston's a nice place to chill out and await the coming of winter.

wen was dreaming at 9:53 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment